Q: Changed brakes and rotors now the emergency brakes is squeaking when driving. What could be wrong?

I replaced the brakes and rotors which are now working great but now the emergency brakes keep squeaking when driving, what could be the issue

Hey there. As you may know, your emergency brake is operated and controlled by a separate drum brake assembly located behind the rear disc brakes. The emergency brake is operated by a drum brake set up with brake shoes that are spring loaded and press up against the walls of the brake drum when activated. Over time, these can become sticky, especially when not used regularly. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location, to inspect your emergency brake assembly to determine the cause for the squeaking. From there they can assist with the needed repairs accordingly.

3. Changed brakes and rotors now the emergency brakes is squeaking when driving. What could be wrong?