Q: Changed battery car starts but wont shift out of park

I changed the battery on the car and now the car starts but nothing on the dashboard works.the windows lights or locks don't work either. And it wont shift out of park to drive it

Hi there. Although it’s very rare, it is possible that you may have damaged the ECU or the main electrical relay when you hooked up the battery after removal. To be honest, without being there to complete a diagnostic inspection, any suggestions would purely be guessing. It is probably best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete an electrical problems inspection first, before attempting any repairs or taking it to a shop to be diagnosed.

3. Changed battery car starts but wont shift out of park