Q: Changed a 15amp dome fuse and now my car dies when changing gear into drive or park

Since i bought my car the interior dome light did not work. Finally i removed the 15amp dome fuse from under the stearing wheel area and a bit of a spark happend as if a fuse blew. Radio reset, car clock reset and my car is now dying when i change gear into drive. This problem just happened today so it has not been checked out.

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle may have experienced some sort of electrical issues. If there was power going through the circuit that you pulled the fuse from that may be why sparks occurred, and why certain components have been reset or are no longer functioning. I would see if reinstalling or replacing the fuse changes the behavior of any of the components. If the light still does not function it may be possible that the bulb is burned out, or that there is some sort of electrical issue present, perhaps wiring related. It may also be possible that your stalling issue is unrelated to the electrical issue, as stalling can be caused by a wide variety of problems completely separate from the vehicle’s interior electronics. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to properly diagnose what may be causing your electrical malfunctions.

3. Changed a 15amp dome fuse and now my car dies when changing gear into drive or park