Q: Change oil remove filter

I'm not sure what tool to use to change and remove the oil and filter. I think my oil filter is in an aluminum nook that looks like it spins on and off. And what tool do I use to put it back on. I don't want to mess up my car and was thinking of using a strap wrench with a really long extension and a 1/2” ratchet. What do you suggest? What is the best way to do this?

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1985 BMW 635CSi. According to the information I have found, your vehicle uses a canister style oil filter. To remove the filter, use a 17mm socket to remove the filter housing. Pull the filter element out and remove the old housing o-ring. Reinstall the new parts in the reverse order. You could save yourself the hassle and have your oil change performed by a mobile mechanic that comes to your home or office, such as one from YourMechanic.