Q: change motors

just was wondering if 4.3 liter out of a 95 s10 with a standard transmission would bolt up in place of 85 gmc jimmy 2.8 liter with a automatic transmision not wanting to change transmission just motors

A: The two motors are very different in width ...

The two motors are very different in width and the 4.3 is longer also. It would not bolt to the bell housing of the 2.8 and the two flywheels are different. The 95 4.3 wire harness is very different along with the fuel injection and fuel pumps. You would have a very hard time getting the exchange done. There are just too many different systems that will not work.