Q: CD Player Went Out The Next Day.....

I have an integrated radio-CD player-nav system in my car that was working fine one day and the next day my CD player would not even show on my display but all other functions work fine as before. There are 6 CD's still in the deck that were relatively new. I have tried to get guidance/solutions from the dealership and online with limited results. What would you recommend along with any contacts/pricing/other options? Also is there a guide or manual for the removal/replacement of the CD player unit?

Regards, Larry Miller lsmaritime1@yahoo.com - email

Hello, thank you for writing in. Your particular vehicle has a history of these issues. A lot of them are related to using burnt discs, and there is a theory that the labels do not agree with the player’s head and housing. With that said, the dealership can take the radio and send it off to have it looked at by the manufacturer. There is a chance you will not get your CD’s back at that point, and you may want to try several methods to remove them before continuing work on the radio. Sometimes the vehicle will allow you to "force eject" the CD’s when the vehicle is off. Simply turn the vehicle off and press eject. Most of the time after diagnostic costs, it ends up being more cost efficient and time efficient to replace the entire unit. If the owner’s manual does not give enough information, a repair guide for the vehicle will likely provide the missing information. For more diagnostic help or a quote from our technicians, contact the service department.