Q: ccelerator Pedal Position Sensor

Does the app ever go bad and not put the check engine light on? Also if this sensor is bad is it possible that the car only gets extra gas in drive and reverse the idle on my car in park and in neutral is normal but is getting extra fuel without opening the throttle plate in high speeds on its own up to 120mph on jack stands

Turn on the key without starting the engine. The check engine light should be on, and then go out when the engine is started. This is your bulb check function. The check engine light may be bad, or it might have been removed. A scan of the ECU will tell you if the light is supposed to be on. As for your throttle body, there might be an issue there and it may or may not present codes. In most cases it will, but if there is a malfunction that the engineers didn’t anticipate, it might not. The throttle body and the accelerator position sensor have redundant circuitry to enable them to function even when one or two things go wrong. To get this thing sorted out, you can contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your Taurus and let you know what it will take to fix it.

3. ccelerator Pedal Position Sensor