Q: Catalytic converters

Had a diagnostic reading done twice both said catalytic converters were the problem. Could replacing the oxygen sensor fix the problem, or could I fix it any other way besides replacing both converters

Hi There, As you know, the oxygen sensor reads the gases coming from the catalytic converters and as a result, occasionally the oxygen sensors can produce false readings that may otherwise indicate that the catalytic converters are not working properly. I would recommend replacing the oxygen sensors first as they are much less expensive to replace than the catalytic converters. If the same problem exists after replacing these, then it may be time to replace the catalytic converters as well. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to inspect and diagnose your vehicle.

3. Catalytic converters