Q: Catalytic converter

Can I remove the catalytic converter and replace with a regular muffler & exhaust system?

Hi There, I would not recommend removing the catalytic converter as this is a major component of your vehicle’s emissions system. If this is removed you will experience very poor engine performance issues as the catalytic converter works with oxygen sensors to detect imbalances in oxygen content in the exhaust fumes. By using this information, this allows the computer to make adjustments to the engine running conditions by making changes to the air/fuel mixture. Depending on what state you live in, you may also have problems with emissions testing if required by your state.

3. Catalytic converter