Q: Cat back with h22a4 resulted in some power loss .

Hello. I recently installed a Catback exhaust on 01 lude with manual transmission. The catback in diameter is 4". The stock exhaust felt like it had more reaction shifting gears than the newly custom exhaust . I also installed a universal catalytic converter as well. Does anybody know why it feels a little slower . Even when I accelerate , the rpms tend to skip which is abnormal. Please answer , thanks

Hello, thanks for writing in. When you upgrade the exhaust size to that extent, you create further issues with the power supply. Now you should turn your attention to increasing the amount of airflow into the engine. This may mean upgrading you air filter, tuning, and installing a cold air intake. Double check and clean the throttle body and throttle position sensor. You may also want to clean the mass airflow sensor and the idle air control valve. If these components and maintenance procedures do not improve the performance, you may want to consider returning to a smaller diameter pipe. If you feel the need to have it tuned and inspected, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Cat back with h22a4 resulted in some power loss .