Q: cars shaking bottom out

When I drive my car down the road it shakes really bad. And when I hit a dip in the road it feels like my cutlass is going to bottom out. I rebuilt the transmission, and I don't know it if it’s the struts, ball joint or something else. Do you know what could be wrong? Thanks.

A: I agree that it is time for an under-car in...

I agree that it is time for an under-car inspection of the steering and suspension components on your 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. A technician can inspect tires, wheel bearings, shocks/struts, ball joints, tie rod ends, steering racks, and control arm bushings for any parts that may be going bad. Motor mounts and transmission mounts should also be inspected.

Everything under the vehicle should be looked at for excessive wear or damage. It’s usually not a lengthy process, but it is a thorough one, and when completed, you will have a checklist showing the condition of the steering and suspension components on your car and receive recommendations for what needs to be done. Have a certified technician from YourMechanic inspect the steering and suspension in order to diagnose your vehicle’s shaking issue and guide you with any needed repairs.