Q: Car wouldn't move when put into second gear - 2007 Mercedes-Benz B200

I've recently purchased this pre-owned car with close to 125,000 miles on it. The car stalled out on me on one occasion while I was trying to accelerate. In addition to that, the other day while I was stopped at the traffic light, I shifted to first gear when it was time to move. When I shifted into second gear, my car remained motionless. I had to leave the car on the side of the road. What might cause this?

Hello. It sounds like you may have a problem with the clutch of the transmission. If the clutch won’t engage, the car will stall or not move at all. It will be necessary to replace the clutch, the slave cylinder and the clutch master cylinder. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can assist you with these repairs at your home or office.

3. Car wouldn't move when put into second gear - 2007 Mercedes-Benz B200