Q: Car wouldn't move after repairs were done - 1992 Cadillac Fleetwood

The car was running well. However, at emissions testing, the car couldn't pass. It was said to have the fuel running too rich. After that, I've done several repairs. These included the distributor and distributor cap replacement, along with the spark plugs, rotor and wires change. I started the car afterwards and it ran well up to the point when it wouldn't move. I would shift it into gear and attempted to rev it up, but the car would move only slightly. What could cause this?

A: Hi! This sounds like an unfortunate situati...

Hi! This sounds like an unfortunate situation with you Cadillac. If it failed the emissions test for running rich (high CO), the ignition systems maintenance that was performed has no impact on reducing CO emissions. Running rich means excess fuel delivery caused by faulty fuel control components like oxygen sensors and fuel injectors. It also sounds like the transmission has a serious issue. I suggest checking the ATF level and condition with the engine running. It could just be very low on fluid, but I'm concerned it's more likely the transmission is failing. Best of luck!