Q: Car would not start until i turned the steering wheel

Several times the car would not turn over at all unless I manipulate the steering wheel. Mechanic says it would cost a fortune to look at the steering column. any ideas?

This sounds like you may have a faulty ignition switch in the steering column. This is a fairly common issue with many cars.

Inside your steering column where the ignition switch is housed there are many small moving mechanical parts and wires that are manipulated daily as you turn your wheel. Over time, these occasionally will cause wires to break or sometimes create a faulty connection resulting in the intermittent starting issues you describe.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your car’s starting issue and determine the cause for this.

3. Car would not start until i turned the steering wheel