Q: Car wont start in cold

I think the computer component is frozen on my 2001 aztek and it will not start in the cold weather, engines sounds like it wants to start, battery is good, there us heet in the fuel tank. Where is the computer component located on a 2001 Pontiac Aztek?

The computer is in the underhood area ahead of the air filter box. The computer would be the last thing to diagnose in a no start scenario. Fuel and ignition should be checked first. A possibility is a failed fuel pump or a faulty temperature sensor that sends an enrich signal from the PCM to the injectors to ensure enough fuel on cold starts. There are many other causes causes of no or hard starting including worn spark plugs, inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (e.g., clogged fuel filter), dirty fuel injectors, contaminated or old gasoline, malfunctioning idle air control valve, poor engine compression, and so forth. You can identify the specific cause of your no start problem requesting a hard starting diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Car wont start in cold