Q: Car wont start cranks oil and battery light. Oil was dry i added enough to fill. The engine tries to start. The belts move. Just s

I drove my car to my friends house. I tried to leave it started then shook and died. I checked the oil it was low. I added some to satisfy the stock. Tried to start it no go. The serpentine belt was moving. It sounded like it eanted to start but no go

A: If you starved the engine of oil you may ha...

If you starved the engine of oil you may have damaged the camshaft and bearings on your 2008 Nissan Altima. The engine will need to have the camshaft timing belt checked to see if it broke. If okay, then you will need the computer scanned to get codes and check data to see if camshaft and crankshaft sensors are working. Have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the hard start in person to determine what should be done next.