Q: Car wont start

It started making a weird loud knocking noise but it wasn't my rods some guy said it was the crankshaft pulley dampener? An then on day went out to start the car it will turn over just won't start..help!

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 1990 Buick Century. There are multiple reasons why an engine could make a knocking sound, and just as many potential causes of why your Buick won’t start. These potential causes include a loose cylinder head rocker arms, lack of lubrication getting to the cylinder heads, loose timing chain, and as "some guy" stated, a crankshaft pulley that is damaged. When the problem is first noticed, it can also mean that a problem with the timing chain or belt on your vehicle exists.

Since it’s impossible for us to properly diagnose the exact cause remotely, the best option is to contact one of our local ASE certified mechanics who can diagnose the starting issue in person and recommend appropriate repairs.