Q: Q: car wont start

My van started making this wierd noise when I would press the gas and the car would not go over 40 mph so I let off the gas and the car shut off and now it won't start, it sounds like it's about to turnover but then starts making like a humming noise. Any idea of what it might be?

It’s hard to tell what the humming noise is without being there, it may be the cooling fan or fuel pump coming on. As for the stall and no start I would have the ECM scanned for codes that would cause the loss of power. Check to see if your fuel pump has lost power, causing you to have no fuel pressure. A fuel pressure test would show this problem.

I would then check the BCM and ECM’s electrical connections after disconnecting the battery. You should disconnect the connectors and inspect them for fretting or corrosion. Dielectric lube should be applied to the pins before reinstalling them. Sometime this will fix the problem if the fuel pump is not the issue.

I’d recommend getting some help from a qualified technician who can diagnose your car’s starting issue firsthand. Afterwards, the mechanic can then perform the necessary repairs to get your car running once again.

3. Q: car wont start