Q: Car Wont Start

My 2006 chrysler pacifica wil not start. I changed the alternator, it still will not start. I checked the ground wires, I even used a ground wire from the negative post to the transmission. I even hooked a negative battery cable to the negative post, directly to the engine. I drove it to Parts Plus and it just shut off. It had issues with the starter earlier but now it just died and wont start back up no matter what I do.

A: I would recommend having your battery check...

I would recommend having your battery checked to make sure that it can hold a charge. If the alternator is brand new it should be charging the battery just fine but if the battery is faulty and is no longer able to hold a charge this can cause your vehicle not to start.

This can be done by taking your battery to your local auto parts store to have the battery tested or scheduling an appointment with a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to have the battery serviced.

When a vehicle does not start and it is dead, the two most common causes are the battery and the alternator and since your alternator is brand new it is very likely that your battery may have an issue.