Q: Car wont start

Vehicle won't start everything works lights, dashlights, windshield wipers etc. But won't crank.

A: Hello. When the engine will not crank over,...

Hello. When the engine will not crank over, it means the starter is not performing its job. The fact you have power means the battery has some power, but it may not have enough power to make the starter crank. You can test this with a voltmeter, and you will need at least 9.6 volts available for the starter to work correctly. Test the voltage of the battery when you turn the key. Be careful to hook your leads up correctly. If you have proper voltage available and the starter still wont work, the issue is likely a worn starter. At this point you will need to replace the starter all together. If you are low on voltage, you may have a bad battery. You can also have the battery tested at most local parts stores. Start by ruling out the battery and a bad connection before investing in replacing your starter.