Q: Car wont shift out of park and automatic lights wont come on automatically anymore just changed battery and alternator

Recently put a new battery alternator and alternator fuse in my car and now car wont shift out of park and now my automatic lights wont come on at night anymore. Need help

Both problems are likely electrical failures but they may involve separate faults, that is unrelated circuits. A failure to shift out of park often involves either a brake light switch failure (do your brake lights come on? If not, the switch is likely to be the issue) or other failure of the shift interlock mechanism. There should be an override button that you can use to temporarily bypass the interlock and shift out of park, however, be sure to check and see if the brake lights are working. If the brake lights don’t work, for safety reasons, this should be resolved prior to driving the car. With regard to the failure of the lighting circuit. To pinpoint the fault in that circuit, a standard circuit trace is required. If performed with the factory service manual wiring diagram in hand, that trace will quickly pinpoint the interruption in the circuit. To have both of these issues resolved, simply request a shift interlock diagnostic. Once that issue is resolved, the mechanic can perform the circuit trace. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Car wont shift out of park and automatic lights wont come on automatically anymore just changed battery and alternator