Q: Car wont shift from drive/reverse to park

I put it in neutral and put the e brake on but it wouldnt let me take the key out so i put it in rev and took the key out. Went inside to get help from a coworker and when i came back out the car wont start but there is power to everything and the check engine came on

Hi there. Is the transmission manual or automatic? If it is a manual, the neutral safety switch could have failed, the starter could have failed, etc. A proper inspection of the battery and starter would be the first order of business. If you have access to a capable scan tool, you should be able to see if the neutral safety switch turns on/off with use of the clutch pedal. Correct as necessary. If this is an automatic transmission, there could be a fault in the shifter position switch on the transmission, electrical concern, etc.. Either way, check the battery and starter first, then proceed with further diagnosis based on observed data or obvious visual observations. The check engine light is supposed to come on with the key on to show that the ECM is powered on. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a car does not start inspection.

3. Car wont shift from drive/reverse to park