Q: car won't turnover nor start

car been sitting up about a year Today I put a new battery I'm All lights dashboard horn electrical seemed ok But when Key is turned to start car on hear a "Bing" sound

A: If the car has been sitting for a year then...

If the car has been sitting for a year then you may have a starter that is stuck. You could try tapping the starter to see if this helps free it then try and crank it again. If you still have an issue then the starter or start relay may be at fault. You may have other issues related to the car sitting for so long like bad fuel or a fuel pump that will not run.

Your security immobilizer may also have cleared the security code and will not allow the vehicle to start. The vehicle would need to be scanned to see if this is the case. Try to disconnect the battery again and reconnect it to see if the vehicle will crank over. Also, try a different key if you have one, or lock and unlock all doors with the key after all the doors and hood are closed to see if the system can be cleared to start.

If you still need help, I recommend having a certified mechanic diagnose your car starting issue. They will be able to come to your home or office to have your car repaired promptly.