Q: Car won't turn over until second attempt or take about 7 sec to start.

The battery tested great (only 6 months old). I am going to replace spark plugs this weekend. What else should i look at or test after spark plug swap? Will it matter if i use motorcraft sp518 or sp511 spark plugs? Would starter cause this issue?

A: Hi there. It sounds like the starter could ...

Hi there. It sounds like the starter could be sticking or there may be some high resistance that is reducing the available voltage in the circuit. Using a digital volt/ohm meter, perform voltage drop test to see if there may be a problem with the wire. If there is no concern on the wire, then the starter may be failing. The second attempt that succeeds in turning the engine may be the result of a weak starter that is taking to "pushes" to turn the engine. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. When changing the spark plugs, refer to your owner’s manual or Ford parts department for the correct plug. Using an incorrect plug may result in reduced performance and, in some case, the plug being too long and causing internal engine damage; we definitely don’t want that to happen. While you’re replacing the spark plugs, check other maintenance items like the air filter and fluids. A well maintained vehicle is a dependable vehicle. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car does not start inspection.