Q: Car won't turn over.

Okay I put in a new car stereo, it was faulty and it drained my battery, So in order to get the car moving I bought a rechargeable jump starter. I got the car going and went out and bought a new battery. Now I've just installed it and the car won't even turn over. The starter motor was fine prior to me installing it. Now I was very careful not to short out anything and I kept the cap on the negative until I put on the terminal. The central locking is working and all the dash lights are coming on without a problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

A: Hi - you don’t provide a year/make/model of...

Hi - you don’t provide a year/make/model of your vehicle, but if it’s a newer model, there may be security system issues resulting from the dead battery/new battery scenario which require a reset of the security system. I would disconnect the radio temporarily to narrow down the cause of the "no start", resolve that issue, then reconnect the radio. Solve one problem at a time. I would recommend an inspection of the electrical system by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.