Q: Car won't turn over.

Okay I put in a new car stereo, it was faulty and it drained my battery, So in order to get the car moving I bought a rechargeable jump starter. I got the car going and went out and bought a new battery. Now I've just installed it and the car won't even turn over. The starter motor was fine prior to me installing it. Now I was very careful not to short out anything and I kept the cap on the negative until I put on the terminal. The central locking is working and all the dash lights are coming on without a problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hi - you don’t provide a year/make/model of your vehicle, but if it’s a newer model, there may be security system issues resulting from the dead battery/new battery scenario which require a reset of the security system. I would disconnect the radio temporarily to narrow down the cause of the "no start", resolve that issue, then reconnect the radio. Solve one problem at a time. I would recommend an inspection of the electrical system by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car won't turn over.