Q: Q: Car won't turn over

My car won't turn over. All the lights come on the radio, heat, etc but it won't turn over. After about 45 min to an hour it will start up

3. Q: Car won't turn over

Q: My brother has a dodge stratus and the alternator and battery are both good but the car won't turn on

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the battery power is reaching the starter, and the starter is not turning the engine over, the starter has failed. You can test how much power is going to the starter with a...

Q: Q: Stuck in reverse

Hi there, thanks for writing to YourMechanic. It can be difficult to drive a vehicle with it stuck in reverse. The problem seems to be a plastic grommet that connects the gear shift assembly to the transmission. It sounds like...

Q: We are getting a fuel pump replacement on a 2007 gl450 and the dealership is quoting us $2500 this seems unreasonable is it?

Hi Daniel. Thanks for submitting your question today. You are correct - that estimate is outrageous. However, it's on PAR with typical Mercedes-Benz, BMW or other European OEM dealership repair costs. In support of the dealer, the fuel system on...