Q: Car won't turn on

The keys won't turn, the steering wheel is stiff but not locked, the brakes are stiff as well. Tried turning steering wheel left & right while turning keys, still won't work! Can you help please!?

Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds like the ignition switch and/or lock cylinder are bad. Your vehicle may be part of the GM Ignition Switch Recall. Go to safercar.gov and run your VIN number. The site will tell you if your vehicle is part of the recall. If it is, contact a local Chevy dealer to have it repaired free of charge. If there is no recall for this, I would check your ignition switch and lock cylinder for any signs of damage or wear. If any of these are damaged, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm the diagnosis for you, and make perform repairs or replacements.

3. Car won't turn on