Q: Car won't stay running.

My car was fine yesterday. Today it didn't want to start, it would turn over fine and then stall out.I purchased a battery today thinking that was it. It seemed worse. Before the engine shut down it was knocking. Yesterday before the trouble began I purchased gas. It seemed fine after that. Help!!

Hey there:

If you’re Toyota was having issues starting, but cranked over well; the battery was most likely not the source of your problems. A hard starting issue like this is commonly caused by a fuel delivery or ignitions systems component failure. There are more than 20 individual components that could possibly be damaged, dirty or faulty; so in order to reduce the expense and headache of guessing what might be wrong, you should have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection; so they can determine what is causing this issue to occur.