Q: Q: car won't start

My Saturn broke down last night. It was running fine, but when I came out of the store it didn’t start. The car wouldn’t do anything when I turned the key except flash all of the dash lights. I got a jump and was able to get home. The Saturn ran fine for the 45 minute trip to my house. Once it was parked and turned off it wouldn't turn over again. The battery is only about 2 years old. Do you have any ideas?

It’s time to have your battery tested with a professional battery tester. Even at 2 years old, some batteries fail early. The cable-to-battery connections must also be clean and tight. You should not be able to move them with your hand or they are too loose. Sometimes the side terminal battery connections look okay from the outside, but if removed, look inside and inspect for damaged or corroded threads and contact surfaces. If you want to have the problem checked out in person, a certified technician can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting issue and help you move forward with the appropriate repair.

3. Q: car won't start