Q: Car won't start

This morning when I was leaving for work, my SUV wouldn't start. It will turn over, but won't start. There is a gas smell in the car. What should I do?

A: If you are smelling fuel, then you may have...

If you are smelling fuel, then you may have a leak and should not try to start the vehicle until the source of the fuel leak is found. Your vehicle may have a leaking fuel line or injection system. Sometimes the fuel goes into the engine but there is no spark, so the engine floods and you smell the fuel. The camshaft sensor or crankshaft sensor may have went bad.

The system needs checked by a mechanic to see if the smell is from fuel leaking, or if you have lost spark.