Q: Car won't start

Our car just won't start. It has 148,800 miles. We don't drive it constantly and even though it had been sitting for a couple of weeks, it did start and drive fine the next day. However 2 days later, it wouldn't start. We get regular maintenance so I'm not sure what to do. I do some of my own car repairs and the computer test I ran showed no problems. What could be the trouble?

A: Hello. If the engine will not crank, then t...

Hello. If the engine will not crank, then the battery needs to be load-tested to see if it is failing. If the battery is fine, then the starter needs to be checked. If that is also fine, then it may be an ignition switch issue. If the engine is cranking and it is just not starting, then it is usually a bad ignition control module or a failing crank sensor. These are common issues. It can also be a failure in the fuel pump. I usually start by checking to see if the engine is lacking fuel or spark to be able to know where the issue is. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to determine the cause of your starting issue.