Q: Car won’t start, not a ‘new car’ problem

My 2010 Nissan Sentra will not start no matter what I do. I've tried everything and while I can’t see or hear anything wrong, it still will not start. The battery has a charge and the started motor works. I just don’t understand how this could happen on a car with 80,000 miles and normal amount of use. What could be causing this to happen?

The cause is most likely a faulty crankshaft sensor. This is a common sensor which often causes a no start condition. A vehicle computer scan should be done to verify if the crankshaft is defective. The scan would entail YourMechanic hooking the appropriate computer scanner to the data link connector, which accesses the engine’s computer data and check if the crank signal is missing. If the crank signal is missing you may have a certified mechanic replace the sensor.

3. Car won’t start, not a ‘new car’ problem