Q: Car won't start, needs alternator.

My car has a new battery, starter, and fuel pump. It is now dead. I am assuming it needs a new alternator.

Hi there, I am not sure why all those components were replaced, but we can at least rule them out. A car basically uses the battery during start up. It provides power to the starter. Once the car is running the alternator takes over the cars electrical needs and recharges the battery for next time. If the alternator goes bad, not only will it not replenish your battery, it will drain it. Actually your car will drain it. The car will continue to run until the battery get too low to sustain the vehicles electrical needs. My advise to you is to seek the help of a properly trained technician. Replacing parts that are not needed on a car can get expensive quick, not to mention cause a lot of frustration. A correct diagnosis can save you money and time in the long run.

3. Car won't start, needs alternator.