Q: Car won't start; jiggled fan sensor and it started

When I was leaving work, my car wouldn't start. There was no sound when I turned the key and all the lights on the dashboard turned on, so I assume it’s not the battery. My neighbor jiggled the fan sensor and the car started, then I turned it off, tried it again and it wouldn’t start. Can the fan sensor prevent the car from starting or are there other wires that could cause this?

Hello there. Many different components can cause the vehicle not to start. The most likely causes of a no start are the battery, starter, wiring issue, battery cables or many different sensors. If the wire has wiggled, you may have a battery cable or wiring issue. The first place technicians will always start with a no start condition is to load test the battery, as this is the most common cause. A qualified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue and perform any repairs that are needed.

3. Car won't start; jiggled fan sensor and it started