Q: Car won't start, interior & warning lights flash & loud noises

While driving, I stopped at a corner market and when I returned to my hatchback, it wouldn’t start. The EPC light and all interior lights came on. Turning the key did nothing. It took up to 10 tries and it finally started. Some days it starts without any problem at all and then others, like yesterday, these problems. Totally random. When it won’t start, the trip mileage reset and the clock start wildly flashing on/off and sometimes there’s a sound like a very loud vacuum. One time when I stopped at a red light, the power died and turning the key got it to crank. Where should I start to fix all these problems?

Hello. It sounds like you either have a battery problem or you have a connection issue at the battery. I typically load test the battery first to see if it is failing. If the battery is fine then the battery terminals need to be checked for cleanliness and tightness. If those are also fine then it may have an issue with the fuse box or transmission position sensor. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the cause of the issues.