Q: Car won't start if I let it sit

If I start my car every day, then it starts fine. If I let it sit for more than a day, it won't start and I have to use starter fluid to get it started.

Hello. It sounds as if you have a restricted fuel supply or contaminated gas. A trained technician will easily be able to pressure test your fuel system and inspect the quality of the gasoline. Also, I notice your car is an older vehicle. Older vehicles often need a fuel tank treatment to stabilize any bad gas or deposits that may be present. I recommend adding fuel stabilizer to the gas tank to see if that helps with the no start condition. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the starting problem with your vehicle and replace any bad parts.

3. Car won't start if I let it sit