Q: Car won't start, fuel gauge and speedometer malfunctioning

I have several issues with my car. Lately, the speedometer, the fuel gauge and the windows started malfunctioning. I've noticed the fuel gauge is showing incorrect fuel amounts, the speedometer shows several miles over the real speed and the windows at the driver's side are slow to go either up or down. The main problem occurred while I was sitting in the car with the radio on. Then, when I tried to start it up, there was only clicking even when I tried to jump-start it. What could be the issue here and does it have anything to do with some features of the car malfunctioning?

This may be more than one problem, but I would suggest disconnecting the battery, disconnecting the BCM and ECM, and checking the connections and adding small amounts of Stabilant 22 or dielectric lube to the pins and reinstalling the connections. You may have to do this to the instrument cluster connector also and any other connector that may be having issues. The pins are getting what is called fretting corrosion and with the small pin and socket sizes it does not take much to change a reading or loss of power to a component. If you would like to have this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic to diagnose your starting issue and speedometer issue.