Q: Car won't start even with parts replacement.

My car won't start. I have replaced the alternator, coil, condenser, and starter. It still won't start. A cable that comes out of the coil is getting hot.

A: If you have a 1964 Cadi and you have a coil...

If you have a 1964 Cadi and you have a coil overheating then you may have an issue with a shorted wire in the distributor that comes from the coil and goes to the points inside the distributor. You need to check the cap and rotor for carbon tracking also on these old engines. I recommend you have the vehicle checked by a qualified mechanic, like ones from YourMechanic, to check your ignition system for you to see why it will not start.