Q: Car won't start, clicking sound

My car wasn't starting two days ago. I put in a new battery, and when I started it, it was working. Just today, on the way to the store, the ABS light came on, but the car didn't shut off. When I stopped and shut down the car, and tried turning it back on, it wouldn't start. All I hear is a clicking noise when I try to start it.

This sounds like you may have a failing starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

3. Car won't start, clicking sound