I drove my car through some water but it wasn't high water though the water was half way on my tires. I got the spark plugs, battery, starter, gear shifter, and ignition switch and it still won't start. What should I do now?
My car has 182430 miles.
My car has an automatic transmission.
If you went through water and the engine ingested it, you may have damaged internal engine parts. You should check the air filter to see if it got wet and replace it.
Have the engine compression checked to make sure the engine did not get damaged. Water does not have to get more than a foot deep for an engine to suck it in like a vacuum cleaner. The water, once it gets into the engine, cannot be compressed and bends the piston rods and destroys the engine in most cases. You should have the engine checked to verify and diagnose the problem.
If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to the vehicles location to diagnose your starting issue and help you fix it accordingly.
Have a car question? Get free advice from our top-rated mechanics.
Our certified mechanics come to you ・Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee・Fair and transparent pricing