Q: Car won't start

My car won't start put tester on it. No codes came up. All lights work in car. Engine light comes on not sure if it's the ECM computer or ignition switch

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. Unfortunat...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Unfortunately, we need a bit more information to help you diagnose your problem with the 2010 Caliber. If the engine won’t crank over, it’s possibly due to the starter or the ignition switch that’s the faulty components. If the vehicle cranks over but won’t ignite, this could be related to the ignition switch relay or fuel related issues. The fact that you plugged a scanner in and didn’t receive any error codes does indicate a potential issue with the ECM. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.