Q: Car won't start

My car won't start. Just replaced the battery two days ago and now the car won't start all I hear is a clicking sound. Everything still comes on the lights heat and radio. What can it be?

Hi there. Have the battery tested even though it may be new; there is a chance that it could be defective and that’s why it comes with a warranty. If the battery has tested good then it sounds like it may be a starter. Is there any corrosion on the battery terminals/cables? Excessive corrosion creates excessive resistance. Resistance literally resists the voltage attempting to flow through it. If there is enough resistance on the cable then there may not be enough voltage flow to fully engage the starter. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a no start inspection.