Q: car won't start

Went to accelerate to get onto the highway. My engine revved up to 4,000 and wouldn't go. I pulled to the off ramp and the engine shut off. I have had the timing belts, water pump done 6 months ago. The transmission is only 1 1/2 years old. Not leaking any fluids any where. Have fluids changed on a regular. The car was not starting on hot days after driving for awhile. Replaced the sensor in front of the engine. Haven't had that issue since. Now this. I have spark, I have fuel, car is getting fuel. It cranks like it wants to start just won't.

This could be caused by a variety of things such as a bad crank position sensor, a faulty throttle body sensor, faulty ignition coils and many other potential problems. There should be a Check Engine Light on since the car will not start which will register trouble codes in the computer. This should be diagnosed using a scan tool which will provide valuable info related to those codes indicating specifically which components have failed. For further help, have a local expert, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the starting issue firsthand and let you know what repairs are necessary.