Q: Car won't start

I went to unlock car with remote keys and it didn't unlock so I used my key in the door to unlock. I tried to start the car but it won't turn over. The display and radio works.

Hi there:

Typically when the doors are unlocked, manually or with the remote access, it will deactivate security measures and allow you to start the vehicle. However, it’s possible that this didn’t occur with your Chevrolet Malibu. The best way to determine this is to change the remote battery (as it’s most likely worn out), and try to open the locks to see if it allows you to start the car. If this doesn’t work, then your starting issue is most likely something different such as a battery with low cranking amps, a damaged starter relay or a faulty starter itself. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is not starting inspection; so they can pinpoint the source of your issues and recommend the right repairs be completed.

3. Car won't start