Q: Car won't start

My car sat for over a year. I but a brand new battery in it and it started beautifully. Now it won't at all. What could the other problems be? Alternator maybe?

Hi There, There are many things that could cause problems when a car has sat for an extended period of time such as plugged fuel filters, bad fuel in the tank and many other things. The fact that the engine started once and now does not start indicates that most likely you have a fuel supply problem such as low fuel pressure or dirty or plugged fuel injectors. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to inspect and diagnose your car.