Q: Q: Car won't start

Dashboard is indicating you have to push brake and button to start but car or not a push button start

3. Q: Car won't start

Q: Excessive use of coolant

Hello, and thank you for writing in. Without any signs of exterior coolant leaks, the leak will likely be interior. Most commonly this is a result of a failed head gasket. It will allow the coolant into the combustion chamber,...

Q: My transmission won't go in reverse. Our mechanic said the ECM is bad. Would that cause that?

Hello. No, the ECM by itself should not cause a transmission failure. I suspect the low/reverse band has gone out on your transmission. The newer electronic transmissions have the ability to adjust to wear in the various clutches and bands...

Q: My car won't go in 2nd gear

If you can select all other gears but 2nd, then the issue is likely to be internal to the transmission (as opposed to the clutch). To be sure, the external shift mechanism should be inspected but if that checks out,...