Q: Car won't start

I was leaving my driveway when car started to shake, ran out of gas I put 4 gal I tried to start it put won't start up

A: You may have a bad fuel pump. The fuel pump...

You may have a bad fuel pump. The fuel pump may have been burned up if you ran it out of fuel or ran it low a lot of times. The fuel pump uses the fuel to keep the pump cool and also to lubricate the pump. When you run the car out of gas or run it low on gas the pump will wear out the bearings inside it and over heat and seize causing no fuel pressure in the engine. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and check the fuel pressure to verify the fuel pump needs replaced. If it needs replaced then the mechanic will quote the repairs needed to go with the replacement pump like the fuel filter and fuel pump relay.