Q: Car won't start

Car was dead..tried to jump start but battery wouldn't accept charge. Bought new battery put it in and car still won't start. But the now the lights are dimming and flickering on the dash. Radio and inside lights nothing works. The last attempt at trying to start the car when I put the key in the ignition and turned it forward but not all the way on it started itself which kind of freaked me out. I need help.. any idea what could be wrong. When it did start randomly none of the dash lights or anything work and the headlights are dim. Kinda like the car is running on low power.. not sure.. please any idea what's wrong.

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer to not start. Replacing the battery was a great place to start, as this is usually the cause. Other then the battery many other faults will prevent your vehicle from starting such as the ignition switch, starter, alternator, battery cable, fuel pump, coil, fuel filter, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your car not starting issues and make any repairs required.