Q: Q: Car won't start

Car wouldn't start one cold day last week. I ended up flooding the spark plugs and had them replaced. The next morning I went to start the car and it only had a clicking sound. I replaced the battery and still got the same thing-only a clicking sound. I have spent to much money only to have my car still inoperable. Please let me know what you think the problem might be.

My car has 170,000 miles.

Hello. If the engine will not crank over then I would usually start by checking for power at the starter when trying to crank it. If there is power at the starter then the starter is more than likely bad. I also would try cranking the engine over by hand to see if the engine is seized. If the engine will move fine and if there is no power at the starter then there is another issue within the circuit. It is very common for the ignition switch to fail on this car. If the switch fails then there will not be power to the starter and there may not be power to the computer. I would do a voltage drop test of the ignition switch first. If that is also fine then further diagnosis of the starting system will need to be done. I would have this checked out by a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who can come to you to [diagnose why the car will not start] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection

3. Q: Car won't start