Q: Car won't start after it sits for like an hour

Have to use starting fluid to start the car after it sits . Will start fine after warmed up. When it cools down you have to use starter fluid .

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator that may be allowing the fuel pressure to decrease when the car sits for a period of time. This will happen a bit naturally, however when you turn the key to on, this should also allow the fuel pump to pressurize the system again prior to starting. When the fuel pump or regulator are not working properly, this may cause this process not to work resulting in the car not starting after sitting for a while. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.